marines and sumo

  • Arthur Raymond
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      Greetings,

      Not to be totally off topic, but we recently had a sumo tournement here on
      Okinawa for enlisted Marines. Most of the wrestlers chose to wear sweats
      with a mawashi-type wrapping for "flavor." The ring was simply a dirt circle
      with sandbags around it. The whole event was exciting to watch. We found
      that shorter Marines did quite well, the sandbags helped them stay low and
      use the taller Marines momentum.

      In service,

      Togashi Ichiro