pennsic zazen

  • pjwestervelt
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2 5:59 AM
      Thank you all for your input.

      I am willing to "run" the sitting, though I am also a bit of a
      novice. I agree that if there is no Roshi, and it is just a
      layman's group, It should be kept simple. Soto would probably be
      better. There is little sense in assigning koans when there is no
      one there to receive the answers or perform dokuson.

      So, I would guess there would be no stick and no "service". Though
      a discussion period before and after could be good. A general
      exhange of ideas as opposed to a sermon.

      I would not assume to limit it only to japanese personas. It would
      be way for people who normally practice to be able to practice with
      a temporary sangha while at Pennsic.

      Though, I guess to couch it as a class, there would need to be some
      minor instruction at the beginning of the period.

      To those who have expressed interest, would it be beneficial to
      start a new yahoo group to hash this all out?

      Peter