japanese use of yari vs cavalry

  • michael A
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2003
      Greetings
      Im on a ancient history list that was discussing pikes
      and their use verse cavalry. This led me thinking as
      to what sort of techniques were used by yari and
      nagaeyari units opposing yari cavalry attacks and how
      effective they were. I can hazard a few guesses based
      on background knowledge, but i was wonder what sources
      people have that would show definate tactics used and
      examples of whether attacks by horse armed yari troops
      vs organized units of foot yari and nagaeyari were
      effective or not.

      thanks
      --kiyohara

      http://calendar.yahoo.com