[SCA-JML] Re: Armor

    Message 1 of 63 , Nov 1, 1999
      BamboOni@... wrote:

      > I think the book might be "Secrets of the Samurai" by Oscar Ratti and Adele
      > Westbrook. Inside it has pictures and a description of a samurai putting on
      > armor.Could that be the one you are thinking of?

      Actually, "Secrets" has been responsible for some of the worst SCA armour I've
      ever seen. The illustrations are horribly imprecise and inaccurate, and make me
      think the artist had in fact never seen Japanese armour.

      Effingham
    • Jim Bryant
      Message 63 of 63 , Jun 7, 2013
        Greetings,
        Does anyone know of, or can recommend an armorer for Japanese armor? I am a cross country truck driver and do not have room in my truck for the materials or tools needed to make my own.
        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android