Re: [SCA-JML] japanes Armor - making or purchacing

  • michael A
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2003
      <snip>

      > speaking of dehydration, I have been thinking of
      > using a "cowards plate" on
      > my do for the purpose of protecting a cammelback
      > type hydration system...
      > does anyone have any experience/opinion of this?

      They work wonderfully and highly reccomend them for
      everone at a war. The advantage of staying in the
      battle when rehydrating is unbelievable. I cant tell
      you how many times ive backed of the line and gotten a
      drink in a res battle after fighting for 10-15 minutes
      straight. the beauty to it is that unlike going to
      res, im right at the action and since i never remove
      any armor to drink, if there is a push where my line
      gets thined out 2-3steps later im right in the fray
      filling the gaps. Its also great for those long wood
      walks, we all know that battle is alway on the far
      side from where you res :), and for the time spent
      baking in the sun waiting for you turn in the front of
      the bridge. Lets face it, water on demand without
      unarmoring at all is handy in almost every melee.

      As for a cowards plate i have used it over a camel
      back before,. It worked well, but what id really
      suggest as the key point is anything that covers them
      up from being seen as much as possible.... cowards
      plate, jin baori, under the main do, etc. all depends
      on your armor style an what you wear. Any time i want
      to look spiffy... demos etc i dont where it... simply
      for appearances sake.
      Also a big side benefit, ive been able to immediately
      get water even in the middle of a large field to
      injured, or heat troubled fighters on many occasions.
      Just hand them the tube. Its a kind service to be able
      to provide your comrades and foes alike.
      --kiyohara

      http://search.yahoo.com