[SCA-JML] Re: Armor

    Message 1 of 63 , Nov 1, 1999
      sarusaru_99@... wrote:

      > what are peoples' favorite books on japanese arms and armor.
      > Preferably armor, but I'm always looking for info. I'm especially
      > looking for books with diagrams and pictures that can help with amor
      > construction as well as detailed explainations (not asking a lot am I?)
      > ;0) anywho, thanks for any help

      Just about anything by Sasama Yoshihiko is worth a look. I think I have
      almost all his books; about fifteen or twenty at present count. Another
      author whose books on armour construction are a must-have is Yamagishi
      Motoo (he's also a very nice fellow).

      If you want to know how to make it, watch for the next two issues of
      Compleat Anachronist. I hear they're going to be on Japanese armour. <G>

      Effingham
    • Jim Bryant
      Message 63 of 63 , Jun 7 7:12 AM
        Greetings,
        Does anyone know of, or can recommend an armorer for Japanese armor? I am a cross country truck driver and do not have room in my truck for the materials or tools needed to make my own.
        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android