An interesting article on kyudo

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2003
      Since the idea of 'kyudo' vs. 'kyujutsu' comes up so often I thought I
      would share something sent to me recently:

      http://www.nanzan-u.ac.jp/SHUBUNKEN/publications/jjrs/pdf/586.pdf

      It is focused on refuting Eugen Herrigel's "The Myth of Zen in the Art of
      Archery", and makes a very interesting case. I am especially intrigued,
      however, by Yamada's section on the history of Japanese archery which
      contains some source information people here might find of particular
      interest.