[SCA-JML] Re: Armor

  • fsjlb4
    Message 1 of 63 , Oct 29, 1999
      >===== Original Message From sca-jml@egroups.com =====
      >In a message dated 10/29/99 5:27:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, fsjlb4@...
      >writes:
      >
      >> I also have a photocopy of a print of a samurai putting on the armour from
      >> start to finish, but I can't remember what book it came from: I believe
      >it
      >> was from Arms and Armour of the Samurai,
      >
      >I think the book might be "Secrets of the Samurai" by Oscar Ratti and Adele
      >Westbrook. Inside it has pictures and a description of a samurai putting on
      >armor.Could that be the one you are thinking of?

      That could be it; the one I have is a two or three pages long, and was
      completely in black and white drawings. I can't remember if it was something
      that I photocopied to help me remember or if it was something my friend, our
      local armourer, gave to me to assist me with my conceptualization of the
      armour that I wanted to make.

      Either way, I still recommend "Arms and Armour of the Samurai," whether or not
      it has that particular tidbit of information.

      -Godric Logan
    • Jim Bryant
      Message 63 of 63 , Jun 7, 2013
        Greetings,
        Does anyone know of, or can recommend an armorer for Japanese armor? I am a cross country truck driver and do not have room in my truck for the materials or tools needed to make my own.
        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android