Re: [SCA-JML] Squire ceremony

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2003

      Greetings from Solveig! He could serve you mead. As for an exchange present.
      You give him some token of your home town. The big time gift giving is
      in mid-Summer and mid-Winter when the vassals can be expected to chip in
      for a gift. Think of it as taxes. Today, teachers are given sums of money.
      The amount of the gift is equal to a months tuition. So actual tuition is
      14 months per year. The teacher then gives to the students an article used
      in the art being studied. These exchanges are pretty much obligatory.