Re: [SCA-JML] Squire ceremony

  • Zach Schneider
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
      The only bad thing about the given scenarios is that he is a viking. He does like to have sake and all, it's just I usually end up being the host, or at least the provider of the sake ;) If I am entering his employment/service and he gives me the cloth to make something that represents his household, what do I offer him?
      Yoshida Takezo Hidesada
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2003
        Noble Cousin!

        Greetings from Solveig! He could serve you mead. As for an exchange present.
        You give him some token of your home town. The big time gift giving is
        in mid-Summer and mid-Winter when the vassals can be expected to chip in
        for a gift. Think of it as taxes. Today, teachers are given sums of money.
        The amount of the gift is equal to a months tuition. So actual tuition is
        14 months per year. The teacher then gives to the students an article used
        in the art being studied. These exchanges are pretty much obligatory.