Re: [[SCA-JML] combat dress]

  • Bliss Blisstasy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2003
      Someone had said in the ashigaru garb thread that they wear hakama over
      their
      armor--or that's what I got out of it anyway. Would it
      be entirely out of the question to look unarmored (not in yoroi) and hide
      your
      armor under hakama and a Shitagi or kosode?

      irobe saburo yoriie

      At Winter War Practice this year,
      there was a fairly new fighter on my side.
      we talked quite a bit as his armour was next
      to mine when we started that morning. he wore all
      his reguired sca armour under his garb. all you could see was his
      helmet and his hand protection, while it covered up
      his not so japanese armour, it was kinda odd seeing him with no other
      visable body armour.

      on the otherhand Yamashiro Kato, wears low profile leg and elbow protection
      under his garb and a waxed leather body on top

      Vaska
      Ware kokoro shugetsu ni nitari
      http://communities.msn.com/picsofblissandfreinds
      Let me in boast be silent and unheard.
      My deeds shall speak my inspiration's word.
      -by Sir M. Brand McLiam