combat dress

  • sean ibanez
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24 11:03 PM
      Someone had said in the ashigaru garb thread that they wear hakama over their armor--or that's what I got out of it anyway. It caught my interest because it would make more sense--especially in SCA tournaments--that the various personas would be "sparring" or practicing and not Killing each other--especially since none of our personas really die. So, historically speaking, does anyone know the specifics of sparring or practicing amongst Japanese ranks--or even "training-schools," if such things existed. Would it be entirely out of the question to look unarmored (not in yoroi) and hide your armor under hakama and a Shitagi or kosode?

      irobe saburo yoriie