Re: Someone pick apart this name...

  • arilusstyx
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 15 2:50 AM
      Actually, that's exactly what I was going for. I'm not sure if
      Hotaru translates the same in period or not, but the modern
      translation comes in as "firefly".

      I found the name in modern use, namely a google search pulled up a T.
      Kuromori, a doctor of plant genetics. Also, there is a kabuki
      festival in Korumori, which is a town in northern Japan. Lucky
      coincidence as I was going that route anyway, northern Japan and all
      that.

      Thanks, all.

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@i...>