[SCA-JML] Saying thank you

  • Joshua Badgley
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 8, 2000
      Can somebody tell me when O-hayou-gozaimasu became the codified phrase it
      is? What about Arigatou-gozaimasu?

      From what I have been learning it seems that O-hayou comes from Hayai
      (early)-->Hayataku-->Hayou, with an o- prefix and -gozaru added on for
      politeness.

      Looking at Arigatou it seems the pattern is similar: Arigataku-gozaru to
      Arigatou-gozaimasu.

      Would people have said 'Argataku-gozaru' or something similar?

      -Godric L
    • Kujika@aol.com
      Message 49 of 49 , Mar 9, 2000
        you maybe able to get a replica jingasa , I have only seen them in Japan I
        was lucky enuff to get 2 ,,,,