Which came first? Naginata and Nagamaki

  • Ash Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 11:40 PM
      I was wondering if the naginata and nagamaki have any causation in the
      creation of the other.
      That is to say, did the nagamaki come first, then the naginata was made as
      an "economy" version?
      Vice versa?
      None of the above?

      While I'm on the subject, does anyone know of a good book which a general
      overlook of japanese weapons? (preferably one specific to weaponry, but if
      the info is dispursed among armor/other info that is good too).

      Thanks,
      Ash

      (then all I'd need would be more time to read more books! :P )