Re: [SCA-JML] fLOGGIN THE DEAD HORSE: NAMING

    Message 1 of 93 , Mar 1, 2003
      sean ibanez wrote:

      > Excellent! You're responses are always looked forward to. Thanks for the help. I guess I'm running with Irobe no Saburo Yoriie. I'm thinking of running my persona in the early Sengoku era, and its a safe bet the Irobe line existed before Katsunaga's existence as one of the 28 generals. But I need to do some reading, of course...
      > Irobe no Saburo Yoriie

      If you're running with Sengoku, you can drop the "no" -- that was an earlier period issue when someone really was "of a House" rather than bearing a specific surname. By mid-late Kamakura it had gone bye-bye except in uses like "Minamoto no Matsudaira Motoyasu" (which is a functional equivalent to "Matsudaira Motoyasu, of the House of
      Minamoto").

      Irobe SaburĂ´ Yoriie sounds great!

      Effingham
    • sean ibanez
      Message 93 of 93 , Mar 9, 2003
        Wow, I'm almost a week behind in the e-mails. I've been at gallery 357 here in town setting up a warehouse for an art show that happened on friday. (tearing out old electrics, putting up new drywall, etc.) Funny thing is, I met someone down there who knows where to get the powdercoating done for pretty cheap ($50 for a chair sized sculpture) right after I emailed you about powdercoating. Another cool thing is that they have a masterblacksmith an two other welders on site. Good timing.
        Irobe Saburo Yoriie
        "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@...> wrote:sean ibanez wrote:

        > Um, I was with you up until <snip> spondoolicks <end-snip>. How does one go about powder coating metal?

        Actually, I don't do the powder-coating. I try to find a friendly auto-painting company. It has to do with lots of heat and very permanent coloration.

        Effingham
        (BTW, for the record, for those who don't know, spondoolicks = moolah, oof, greenbacks)

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT