Plastic armour...

  • Marc Choronzey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2003
      Konnichiwa all,

      Personally, I dont know what all the hullabaloo is about plastic anyways;
      I'll admit that on a "european armour", almost any kind of naked plastic
      part sticks out like nothing else... ick! So much for historical
      recreation... besides, for those people who dont use barrels, a sheet of
      plastic is more expensive than a sheet of 16g. steel... well, in Montreal
      anyway. :) BUT, having made a few suits of japanese armour and showing it to
      people in pictures, the first question is always "what kind of plastic did
      you use?" and yet they are always metal... I will give praise to plastic for
      the weight though... but I still like it better out of steel... I think the
      feel is nicer and it's less bulky. Besides, you need metal parts ANYWAY in
      that armour of yours... might as well make it of one medium.

      My two zeni`s worth...

      -Shisen.