Name questions...again....

  • lord_aharon_of_talkon <mneumark@hotmail.
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2003
      I have my last name set...now I need suggestions for a female, late
      period. Would really like a name either that sounds like Mercy (since
      people call me that right now, but it ain't period so...) or is maybe
      a feminine form of Joji, if there is one (can a woman use the name
      Joji in late period?). I'm not even sure if Joji is period, but I
      like the sound of it. Not sure what it means...anyone?

      I'm basically looking for a cute first name that is very pronounceable
      if none of the above work. Originally, people suggested I use the
      name Raku, but I really don't want to. I'd perfer a name that sounds
      close to an english name or is super simple to spell. I do a lot of
      court things, so I'd like to keep it simple for everyone, including
      me.

      I know I'll end up confusing everyone anyhow since I've been using
      Artemisia now for a year...but I've never really liked it so...HALP!

      --Arte/Mercy/something japanese
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2003
        "lord_aharon_of_talkon " wrote:

        > I have my last name set...now I need suggestions for a female, late
        > period. Would really like a name either that sounds like Mercy (since
        > people call me that right now, but it ain't period so...) or is maybe
        > a feminine form of Joji, if there is one (can a woman use the name
        > Joji in late period?). I'm not even sure if Joji is period, but I
        > like the sound of it. Not sure what it means...anyone?

        Well, Joji really is a guy's name.... <G>

        > I'm basically looking for a cute first name that is very pronounceable
        > if none of the above work. Originally, people suggested I use the
        > name Raku, but I really don't want to. I'd perfer a name that sounds
        > close to an english name or is super simple to spell. I do a lot of
        > court things, so I'd like to keep it simple for everyone, including
        > me.

        Well, the "close to an English name" names you will encounter are Risa,
        Mari, Naomi, and Jun -- but these are all, I think, rather modern. Short of
        just providing a list that you can go through, I can't think of a way to
        suggest anything...

        > I know I'll end up confusing everyone anyhow since I've been using
        > Artemisia now for a year...but I've never really liked it so...HALP!

        At's okay, we know who you are.

        There's always "Megumi" (= "mercy/grace") but this is, also, I fear, a
        modern name. I've not done that much research into common women's names to
        trace their origins.