Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 936

  • karl.j.jacobs@jci.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2003
      Greetings,

      The family name Asakura is within our time period, according to the
      Historical and Geographical Dictionary of Japan, which is what I used for
      documentation on my name. Asakura Toshikage is the specific person in the
      Asakura family that I chose part of my name from, and I've since come to
      find out that he left some writings that are mentioned in other books.

      Kou Toshikage

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:20:41 -0000
      From: "lord_aharon_of_talkon <mneumark@...>"
      <mneumark@...>
      Subject: Period last name...

      Quick question...is the name Asakura (I believe that is how it is
      spelled) period? I'm hoping someone could tell me what the name
      means as well.

      Thanks!

      --Arte
    • lord_aharon_of_talkon <mneumark@hotmail.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2003
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, karl.j.jacobs@j... wrote:

        > The family name Asakura is within our time period, according to the
        > Historical and Geographical Dictionary of Japan, which is what I
        used for
        > documentation on my name.

        Kou Toshikage

        Thank you so much! Do you happen to know when the name started to be
        used?

        --Arte