period style ebira...(also posted in other groups...)

  • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie <ka
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2003
      Greetings to all from Date Saburou Yukiie,
      This will nly be posted once, so as not to offend anyone...
      ...but some might like to know...
      I have just finished a prototype period style ebira (japanese style
      quiver) with a light basketwork body, a hemp wound and lacquered
      rattan riser of double 5 mm thickness (10x5mm+ thickness of the hemp
      cord) and boxwood grid-work to keep the points in order...
      The colors are black lacquere with white and red trim.
      It draws fine, weighs little, and worn with my armor, and with
      kogusoku, does not hinder any.
      As with all Ebira, the Ya is drawn from the right hip with a small
      upward motion, then pulled downward (in three pulls) to eventually
      clear the edges of the Ebira.
      Each "box-grid" inside the ebira will hold two Ya comfortably,
      allowing pairing of Haya and Otoya, if you like(for those with strong
      Kyudo history...)
      I have loaded this prototype with 36 pairs of Ya, and have been able
      to properly fire each successive pair.
      Please note that this loading method is with thread-bound target
      points only.
      Period style war points, and such will of course end up with a
      different number of storable heads..
      The gridwork can be adjusted to accomodate what point style you like.
      This piece was finished in black and red lacquer, but of course other
      period colors can be managed.
      Dims are basically as follows...basketwork = +/- 4.5"x7.5" with a 16"
      riser. Cost varies, of course with detail.
      I can post pics if anyone likes - otherwise, inquiries can be made at
      http://www.kabutographics.com or kabuto@...

      Respectfully,
      Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
      Shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave.
      http://www.kabutographics.com
      Kabuto@...