Castle question

  • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie <ka
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
      Greetings to all on the list,
      Would any of you fine gentles have any refs, dwgs, plans, floor-plans
      etc to the Maruoka-jo in Fukui prefecture? I have only one book that
      references it - Kodansha's Japanese Castles by Motoo Hinago. As a
      barter item, I have first hand photos of the castle ruins from Oki
      Nawa to trade...

      Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
      Shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave
      kabuto@...
      http://www.kabutographics.com
    • Steven Morris
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
        >From: "Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie <kabuto@...>" Would any
        >of you fine gentles have any refs, dwgs, plans, floor-plans
        >etc to the Maruoka-jo in Fukui prefecture?

        A quick search with "google" led to these sites. Apparently the castle was
        rebuilt in 1951 as a historical/tourist site.

        This site has tourist info with a photo
        http://www.fukuioyado.com/seeing/spot/09_en.html

        This site has same photo, but more information
        http://www.jinjapan.org/atlas/architecture/arc12.html

        This photograph has a closer view
        http://home.att.net/~keiichiro/japan/photo/maruokajo.jpg

        This site has general information on Japanese castles
        http://rubens.anu.edu.au/student.projects97/castles/index.html

        Hope this is helpful,

        Stephan le fiz Ricard

      • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie <ka
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
          > Hope this is helpful,
          >
          > Stephan le fiz Ricard

          Lord Stephan le fiz Ricard,
          Domo arigato...it is indeed useful...I searched other places, but not
          google...If you stop by our encampment at Pennsic, I will offer you
          refreshements in gratitude...
          Date