Info

  • morragan13 <tombra@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2002
      Hi every one i'm new to the group... just lately i've figured out
      that i want a japanese persona. I know i'm Heian period... and my
      name is Kumoko (meaning: cloud) Shigeno... And that's all.
      so plz e-mail me info, insructions, pictures, linx...ne thing..e-mail
      it to tombra@... , thanx
      *.*Kisses
      Tombra
    • Solveig
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 30, 2002
        Noble Cousin!

        Greetings from Solveig! Shigeno should preceed Kumoko. As for how authentic
        or inauthentic the two parts are, that can be discussed later. -ko endnings
        were fairly common among high ranking females in the Heian period. You
        should know that it is a bit new fashioned compared to some of the more
        stogy naming forms around at Heiankyou.

      • morragan13 <tombra@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2002
          I know that the last name comes first (thanx to japanese anime) Now
          to the name Accoding to my local heralds books They are authentic!
          but i have a question for u...what period is the name Shigeno and is
          it earlier or later period.
          I'm glad i would be high ranking.:)
          *.*Kisses
          Tombra

          > Noble Cousin!
          >
          > Greetings from Solveig! Shigeno should preceed Kumoko. As for how
          authentic
          > or inauthentic the two parts are, that can be discussed later. -ko
          endnings
          > were fairly common among high ranking females in the Heian period.
          You
          > should know that it is a bit new fashioned compared to some of the
          more
          > stogy naming forms around at Heiankyou.
          > --
          >
          > Your Humble Servant
          > Solveig Throndardottir
          > Amateur Scholar
          >
          > +-------------------------------------------------------------------
          ---+
          > | Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D. | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM,
          CoS |
          > | deMoivre Institute | Carolingia Statis Mentis
          Est |
          > | mailto:nostrand@a... | mailto:bnostran@l... |
          > +-------------------------------------------------------------------
          ---+
          > | Note. Many popular "free" email services are automatically routed
          to |
          > | the trash by my email
          filters. |
          > +-------------------------------------------------------------------
          ---+
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4 5:31 PM
            "morragan13 " wrote:

            > I know that the last name comes first (thanx to japanese anime) Now
            > to the name Accoding to my local heralds books They are authentic!
            > but i have a question for u...what period is the name Shigeno and is
            > it earlier or later period.
            > I'm glad i would be high ranking.:)

            Well, there was a fellow named Shigeno Sadanushi who died in the mid 8th
            century who served the imperial court. Howzat? <G>

            Effingham
          • morragan13 <tombra@hotmail.com>
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4 5:53 PM
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@i...>
              wrote:
              > "morragan13 " wrote:
              >
              > > I know that the last name comes first (thanx to japanese anime)
              Now
              > > to the name Accoding to my local heralds books They are authentic!
              > > but i have a question for u...what period is the name Shigeno and
              is
              > > it earlier or later period.
              > > I'm glad i would be high ranking.:)
              >
              > Well, there was a fellow named Shigeno Sadanushi who died in the
              mid 8th
              > century who served the imperial court. Howzat? <G>
              >
              > Effingham

              I'll reasearch some more...i'm kinda stopping for a while till i have
              enough money to continue persueing this particular persona...thank u
              for the info....

              *.*Kisses
              Tombra