Re: Iyo Haidate

  • Dave Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2002
      Konichi wa
      Thanks for the input I tried to follow lord Effinghams pattern the
      best I could.
      The Plates are 16 guage and the Lacing came from Hancock Fabrics as
      Per Lord Effinghams suggestion. It seems to hold up very well to
      passing through quite a few holes.
      The smaller plates in the knee area are stiched to the fabric with
      the mail being allowed to float free so far it has held up and doesnt
      seem to be affected by rolling around on the carpet.
      I padded the underside with some cotton quilting material and then
      covered it with some plain red cotton cloth.the red border around the
      edge is just bias tape that I sewed on last.
      I am working getting the pictures of my tsubo sode posted I am still
      wondering if I should pad the back of them as I just have a piece of
      leather to keep the plates from rubbing.

      --- In sca-jml@y..., "Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie"