Re: Adventurous ancestors!

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 56 , Dec 3, 2002
      From: Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@...>
      Subject: Re: Adventurous ancestors!

      Noble Cousin!

      > Jim Eckman

      >>Agreed, this could have happened. The horse nomad theory that I am
      >>thinking about though is that the Japanese are in no way, no how
      >>related to Koreans ;) They came through China!!! not Korea. This is
      >>currently a discredited theory except for a few extreme cases of Nihonron.
      >

      > Greetings from Solveig! Moving closer to modern times, we pretty much
      > know that there were immigrants from both Korea and China and even as
      > far away as India. Avoiding Korea involves a much longer sea voyage. I
      > suggest that you reconsider.

      I agree, I think I will continue my practice of flying instead of boating ;)

      I'm a bit confused though, I consider this 20's? theory to be total nonsense since there's no way that hordes of horse nomads could have come through China without passing through Korea to Japan and not been noted by the historical Chinese. I think the theory you are thinking of is a more modern and rational one that is based on reason and not mindless, nationalistic politics. Even America has many founding myths and sacred cows that are silly upon examination, so it's not surprising that Japan 100 years ago had the same.

      Jim Eckman
    • Jordan Malokofsky
      Message 56 of 56 , Dec 19, 2002
        Ii-dono,

        I occasionally get the early messages out of order as well; however,
        I can't imagine that there is a problem with Yahoo. Else, how did the
        others receive the message to reply to? I assume that either A) the
        messages are slow enough to deliver to some mail servers that others
        reply back to the original and that mail goes through faster than the
        original, or B) the time stamp for several of the users are not
        configured correctly, and the e-mail program sorts by date. Thus, the
        original will flag at the right time, but the reply is incorrectly set
        as before the original, or the original is incorrectly set to a future
        time, thus letting replies sort before it.
        Let me know if anyone else has any more insight on this.

        --
        Jordan Malokofsky
        Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc.