Re: Adventurous ancestors!

  • lost90804
    Message 1 of 56 , Dec 2, 2002
      > On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, James Eckman wrote:
      >
      > That's what I had thought as well, but many of the people that I'd
      talked
      > to while I was over there seemed more accepting ideas like this.
      > Maybe I
      > was just hanging out with more progressive types, though.

      There have been incidents of ultra-right violence over these issues
      according to the Japanese papers, but luckily I don't think any of
      these people will hang out with gaijin. You might have a problem if
      you published something that had broad distribution in Japan on this
      subject.

      > Two people I
      > knew were studying Korean and remarked at how similar the languages
      > were

      Yep, even to the concept of kiego and the like from waht I've been told.

      Jim Eckman
    • Jordan Malokofsky
      Message 56 of 56 , Dec 19, 2002
        Ii-dono,

        I occasionally get the early messages out of order as well; however,
        I can't imagine that there is a problem with Yahoo. Else, how did the
        others receive the message to reply to? I assume that either A) the
        messages are slow enough to deliver to some mail servers that others
        reply back to the original and that mail goes through faster than the
        original, or B) the time stamp for several of the users are not
        configured correctly, and the e-mail program sorts by date. Thus, the
        original will flag at the right time, but the reply is incorrectly set
        as before the original, or the original is incorrectly set to a future
        time, thus letting replies sort before it.
        Let me know if anyone else has any more insight on this.

        --
        Jordan Malokofsky
        Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc.