Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Re: Adventurous ancestors!

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 56 , Dec 2, 2002
      On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, James Eckman wrote:

      > This is not a popular theory in Japan, indeed members of the extreme
      > right might injure or kill you over it. Too bad no independent scholars
      > are allowed to look over the Imperial treasures.

      That's what I had thought as well, but many of the people that I'd talked
      to while I was over there seemed more accepting ideas like this. Maybe I
      was just hanging out with more progressive types, though. Two people I
      knew were studying Korean and remarked at how similar the languages were
      (hence how we got into the discussion of Korean and Japanese ancestry).

      -Ii
    • Jordan Malokofsky
      Message 56 of 56 , Dec 19, 2002
        Ii-dono,

        I occasionally get the early messages out of order as well; however,
        I can't imagine that there is a problem with Yahoo. Else, how did the
        others receive the message to reply to? I assume that either A) the
        messages are slow enough to deliver to some mail servers that others
        reply back to the original and that mail goes through faster than the
        original, or B) the time stamp for several of the users are not
        configured correctly, and the e-mail program sorts by date. Thus, the
        original will flag at the right time, but the reply is incorrectly set
        as before the original, or the original is incorrectly set to a future
        time, thus letting replies sort before it.
        Let me know if anyone else has any more insight on this.

        --
        Jordan Malokofsky
        Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc.