[SCA-JML] Re: Kyujutsu, SCA rules, books

    Message 1 of 74 , Mar 1, 2000
      George Charette wrote:

      > I've got my bow but the main problem are: 1 - a place to practice inside
      > with a enough high roof

      That's why you should have a "'gum' yumi". At least you can work on the
      form.

      > 2 - a sensei...

      That's the hard part. <G>

      What kind of bow do you have again?

      Effingham
    • Joshua Badgley
      Message 74 of 74 , Mar 17, 2000
        On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

        > > Actually, I was a bad boy and skipped out without finding the exact
        > > address. It was next to Nijo Castle, and it was just a small hole in
        > > the wall, from the looks of it. I wish, looking back, that I had paid
        > > more attention, but my main thought was that I didn't have enough money,
        > > and then some other people walked in; and the people were pretty busy.
        > >

        > Hmmm... Okay, as you stand in front of the entrance to Nijo, is it to the left or
        > right? Same street, or down a side street?

        From the castle I headed south (right from the castle entrance, and it was
        at the northeast corner of the next block down, if I am remembering
        correctly. (In other words, head south, cross the street, and you're
        there.)

        It caught my eye because of the tsuba and various other furniture in the
        window. I thought it might have something I could afford. On entering,
        however...

        Well, the entire 'shop' seems to be just a selling point. It is one room,
        enough space for maybe 5 people, comfortably. Blades are mounted on the
        walls. I'm pretty sure they do more than shinken, and I sure hope it was
        real shinken with the price tags I saw.

        They also had one ancient looking tsuba for about \11,000 or more, that I
        saw. I wish I could help more. Now I really feel bad for not being more
        attentive.

        > True. I'd like to go in and look at the place in person, though... <g>

        Nod.

        And thanks for the rest of the info.

        -Godric Logan