Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Adventurous ancestors!

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 56 , Dec 2, 2002
      On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Park McKellop wrote:

      > Only when iron smelting was introduced from the continent did such
      > construction practices become cost-effective enough to be attractive
      > as a means of subsistence.
      >

      > Why was iron smelting necessary? Bronze of the time was probably nearly as tough.
      >
      > Alcyoneus

      Not sure where I saw it, but I seem to recall that by the time Bronze
      really got to Japan, Iron technology had overtaken it, and as such came
      quickly over the latter. Mostly the bronze implements I've ever seen
      recorded appear to be weapons--and most of those are ceremonial.

      Does anyone else have more information on when Japan's 'Bronze Age' and
      'Iron Age' began? I'd be interested in looking into any sources.

      -Ii
    • Jordan Malokofsky
      Message 56 of 56 , Dec 19, 2002
        Ii-dono,

        I occasionally get the early messages out of order as well; however,
        I can't imagine that there is a problem with Yahoo. Else, how did the
        others receive the message to reply to? I assume that either A) the
        messages are slow enough to deliver to some mail servers that others
        reply back to the original and that mail goes through faster than the
        original, or B) the time stamp for several of the users are not
        configured correctly, and the e-mail program sorts by date. Thus, the
        original will flag at the right time, but the reply is incorrectly set
        as before the original, or the original is incorrectly set to a future
        time, thus letting replies sort before it.
        Let me know if anyone else has any more insight on this.

        --
        Jordan Malokofsky
        Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc.