Icky ikki

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      I can't help but notice that the ikki revolts in Heian-kyô seem to follow
      a distinct pattern:
      1441 1447
      1451 1457
      1461

      Y'know, if I was a conspiracy theorist I'd have been looking for the ninja
      on the grassy knoll.

      Does anyone know if there were some sort of cyclical events that would
      fuel this pattern, or if it is just coincidence? I don't have evidence of
      any past 1461, and my sources could be flawed (I noticed this particular
      pattern in Stephen Turnbull's "The Samurai: A Military History").

      Just one of those odd bits of things I've picked up. Like the
      tennis-match history of the Shibuya clan's loyalties during Nambokuchô
      Era--I wouldn't have been surprised had I learned that a person was
      getting a commendation from one Court while carrying out attacks for the
      other.

      Enough rambling for now. In case anyone is interested I've been updating
      my timeline, currently residing at
      http://modzer0.cs.uaf.edu/~logan/JapaneseHistory/muromachi/index.php?var=timeline

      I've pretty much given up on confining it to Muromachi history, although I
      will try to work the different eras out somehow. I would really
      appreciate any comments if people find information that is either
      misleading or wrong. Typos, grammar, and inconsistencies should also be
      noted. I would also take any thoughts on how to make it more user
      friendly.