Re: [SCA-JML] Adventurous ancestors!

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 56 , Nov 29, 2002

      >Mm...fugu. Think about how difficult it is to prepare properly in
      >this day and age. Now imagine cutting one up, and separating the good
      >bits from the bad bits, using STONE TOOLS.

      Not terribly difficult with obsidean (sp). Obsidean nan hold a very keen
      edge. There are far stranger things eaten by stone-age cultures. I recall
      one where there was a gourd or some such thing which was the staple food
      of a polynesian (?) group. The problem with the gourd is that it requires
      a rather long multi-day process to make it non-poisonous.

    • Jordan Malokofsky
      Message 56 of 56 , Dec 19, 2002
        Ii-dono,

        I occasionally get the early messages out of order as well; however,
        I can't imagine that there is a problem with Yahoo. Else, how did the
        others receive the message to reply to? I assume that either A) the
        messages are slow enough to deliver to some mail servers that others
        reply back to the original and that mail goes through faster than the
        original, or B) the time stamp for several of the users are not
        configured correctly, and the e-mail program sorts by date. Thus, the
        original will flag at the right time, but the reply is incorrectly set
        as before the original, or the original is incorrectly set to a future
        time, thus letting replies sort before it.
        Let me know if anyone else has any more insight on this.

        --
        Jordan Malokofsky
        Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc.