Adventurous ancestors!

  • daviem01
    Message 1 of 56 , Nov 29, 2002
      I was working through _Prehistoric Japan_ by Keiji Imamura (good
      overview up through Kofun) and came across an interesting tidbit:

      "The remains of many different kinds of fish bones have been found in
      prehistoric shell middens, including evidence that globefish, which
      are delicious but even now difficult to cook because of their deadly
      poison, were eaten during the Jomon period".

      Mm...fugu. Think about how difficult it is to prepare properly in
      this day and age. Now imagine cutting one up, and separating the good
      bits from the bad bits, using STONE TOOLS.

      A&S project/demonstration, anyone? Anyone? :D

      -Aine
    • Jordan Malokofsky
      Message 56 of 56 , Dec 19, 2002
        Ii-dono,

        I occasionally get the early messages out of order as well; however,
        I can't imagine that there is a problem with Yahoo. Else, how did the
        others receive the message to reply to? I assume that either A) the
        messages are slow enough to deliver to some mail servers that others
        reply back to the original and that mail goes through faster than the
        original, or B) the time stamp for several of the users are not
        configured correctly, and the e-mail program sorts by date. Thus, the
        original will flag at the right time, but the reply is incorrectly set
        as before the original, or the original is incorrectly set to a future
        time, thus letting replies sort before it.
        Let me know if anyone else has any more insight on this.

        --
        Jordan Malokofsky
        Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc.