Yamabushi Personna

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2002
      Hail and well met
      Any suggestions on were to locate some good source materials on
      Developing a Yamabushi Personna in the Sengoku Period?

      Thanks
      Domo
      Kagetaka
      Dave Jones Kingdom of Atlantia
    • michael A
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2002
        easy one ask wait for kuji dono to respond.
        :)
        --kiyohara

        http://launch.yahoo.com/u2
      • kujika@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2002
          There are 2 books that are a must read for any Yamabushi Personna
          book 1(shugendo)Essays on the structure of japanese folk religion . by Miyake
          Hitoshi published by the center for japanese studies, the university of
          michigan.
          book 2 (the gods come dancing)a study of the japanese ritual dance of
          yamabushi kagura) by Irit Averbuch

          also see The Costume Museum web page at <A HREF="http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/busou/index.htm">
          http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/busou/index.htm</A>
          note the size of the hat the Tokin it seems to have changed size over time.
          also the hisshiki sitting mat it can be made for lion dear or sheep skin.
          and if you do not want to make any of the garb you can buy it from Japan at
          The AscenticYamabushi World web page <A HREF="http://www.geisya.or.jp/~room416/index.html">
          http://www.geisya.or.jp/~room416/index.html</A>.
          please let me know if you need more help