Re: yumi

  • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 85 , Nov 3 6:42 PM

      > Greetings from Solveig! It sounds more like someone's over-active
      > imagination. These people had swords. Why fuss with doing a weapon
      > modification when you have a perfectly good sword with you? I don't
      > recall seeing any pictures of this sort of thing in battle paintings.
      > Maybe Baron Edward, who is far more into weapons than I, can provide
      > the references that you seek.

      Greetings Noble Cousin Solveig,

      Our dedicated bowyer Master Yumi (Jaap) told me there were such
      things, and that bows of old were strong enough to take last stand
      desperate use. I can see if I was being over-run, that it might not be
      a bad thing...I just wondered if there was more research around to
      substantiate it...
      Respectfully, Date

      Shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave
      Message 85 of 85 , May 30, 2012
        Noble Cousins!

        Greetings from Solveig! The Pennsic University lost track of the following class and it is not being listed in the Pennsic Site Book, but will appear in the online listings and the Pennsic Independent. The question is whether or not to move the class out of the private camp and into one of the Pennsic University tents which the Pennsic class coordinator just offered to do. One problem is that this is a performance class and could possibly make for a bad neighbor to adjoining tents. In any case, not being in the Pennsic book is a big bummer in terms of attendance. I am concerned that nobody will show up as the class will not be in the Pennsic book. What do you think?