yumi

  • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 85 , Nov 1, 2002
      Greetings to all of the list from Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie,
      I have heard that there was a fighting discipline where spear-tips
      were fitted over the heads of yumi to facilitate close combat for
      those who used bows. Do any of you have pictorial refs for such...Are
      their descriptions, or refs telling of how and when these might have
      been used in period, or is it a post period thing? It sounds Sengoku
      Jidai, but I don't know?
      I found a web site depicting such, but I cannot account for the
      validity of the research, as it looks cheezy, and the photos are
      definitely post period.
      Anyone with more understanding would be welcome to enlighten us...
      Ever curious about yume, and their uses...
      Date Yukiie

      Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
      Shi-wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave
      http://www.kabutographics.com
      Kabuto@...
      Message 85 of 85 , May 30, 2012

        Greetings from Solveig! The Pennsic University lost track of the following class and it is not being listed in the Pennsic Site Book, but will appear in the online listings and the Pennsic Independent. The question is whether or not to move the class out of the private camp and into one of the Pennsic University tents which the Pennsic class coordinator just offered to do. One problem is that this is a performance class and could possibly make for a bad neighbor to adjoining tents. In any case, not being in the Pennsic book is a big bummer in terms of attendance. I am concerned that nobody will show up as the class will not be in the Pennsic book. What do you think?