Re: Raku Firing Photo's posted

  • lord_aharon_of_talkon
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
      --- In sca-jml@y..., Bill Fornshell <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
      > Hi, Most of what you have written is about correct. I
      > do Japanese (old way) Raku for tea ceremony things and
      > have been to the Raku Museum in Kyoto, Japan several
      > times. Your reference to Modern Raku should be to
      > WESTERN Style Raku as the old traditional way is still
      > used in Japan by many for tea things.

      Side note, Bill, it is so nice to have someone else posting about
      japanese ceramics. You're experience far surpasses my 3 years in clay
      and I completely encourage you to post your pictures not only here,
      but on the sca-potters list that you are also on. Please share your
      knowledge! Sometimes I feel like I am the only potter in the SCA even
      remotely interested in asian ceramics enough to specialize in it.

      I'm absolutely going to pick up that book and hopefully once I add to
      my research paper, I hope you would be able to look over my findings
      and let me know if I've missed anything? You can let me know
      privately if you like.

      But please, share your pictures from Japan...and add your work to the
      site as well. It's always a pleasure to see other people's work
      ESPECIALLY since you've researched everything so throughly! :)

      --Mercy