Re: Yokohagi Ni-Mai Do

  • Markus Breier
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
      Hi!

      It is a slight curve in the middle of the back, the plates are
      slightly curved inward. The best picture I could find is this:

      http://www.yankeetoys.org/black_panther/images/Japanese%20Armor/18%
      20TH%20C%20EDO%20Do/samu.jpg

      Hope this helps
      Markus

      --- In sca-jml@y..., "big_ska_daddy" <joe_sarah1@m...> wrote:
      > Good day everyone,
      > I am currently in the process of putting together a yokohagi ni-
      > mai do, based off of effingham's patterns, but I have come to a
      > stand still. I looked at his site and it says to curve the back
      > section into a "M" shape and I plan on doing it, but I have not
      seen
      > a picture of the back of this type of do before. Does anyone have
      > any pictures specifically showing the back part of this do with
      the
      > curve in it? I can shape the plates just fine but I'd like to see
      > how it is supposed to look so I don't look too silly stepping out
      on
      > the field with an improper shape to it. Thank you for you time.
      >

      > Joe
    • JOE BOURASSA
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
        Outstanding! My deepest thanks to you Markus. That was exactly what I needed
        to see. Once again, my thanks.

        Joe