Yokohagi Ni-Mai Do

  • big_ska_daddy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      Good day everyone,
      I am currently in the process of putting together a yokohagi ni-
      mai do, based off of effingham's patterns, but I have come to a
      stand still. I looked at his site and it says to curve the back
      section into a "M" shape and I plan on doing it, but I have not seen
      a picture of the back of this type of do before. Does anyone have
      any pictures specifically showing the back part of this do with the
      curve in it? I can shape the plates just fine but I'd like to see
      how it is supposed to look so I don't look too silly stepping out on
      the field with an improper shape to it. Thank you for you time.

      Joe
    • Markus Breier
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
        Hi!

        It is a slight curve in the middle of the back, the plates are
        slightly curved inward. The best picture I could find is this:

        http://www.yankeetoys.org/black_panther/images/Japanese%20Armor/18%
        20TH%20C%20EDO%20Do/samu.jpg

        Hope this helps
        Markus

        --- In sca-jml@y..., "big_ska_daddy" <joe_sarah1@m...> wrote:
        > Good day everyone,
        > I am currently in the process of putting together a yokohagi ni-
        > mai do, based off of effingham's patterns, but I have come to a
        > stand still. I looked at his site and it says to curve the back
        > section into a "M" shape and I plan on doing it, but I have not
        seen
        > a picture of the back of this type of do before. Does anyone have
        > any pictures specifically showing the back part of this do with
        the
        > curve in it? I can shape the plates just fine but I'd like to see
        > how it is supposed to look so I don't look too silly stepping out
        on
        > the field with an improper shape to it. Thank you for you time.
        >

        > Joe
      • JOE BOURASSA
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
          Outstanding! My deepest thanks to you Markus. That was exactly what I needed
          to see. Once again, my thanks.

          Joe