Re: Longbow...

  • chagin1
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2002
      --- In sca-jml@y..., "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@i...> wrote:
      > PLEASE PLEASE....
      >
      > Do not just buy a yumi and go out and shoot. You really need to learn how to
      > do this properly or you could damage the bow. ..

      As the person referred to in this thread with a Yumi for sale (still available, btw), I must agree. If you use western style archery techniques, you torque the bow in exactly the opposite sense from the way it was designed. These modern bows are not "battlefield" bows any longer, i.e. designed to withstand any mishandling (some even had spear heads on one end!). They are designed to be maximally sensitive to the shooter's technique so as to provide the best feedback to even subtle errors in shooting. This makes them more fragile than western bows.

      Nevertheless, if you are willing to pony up the cash, I am willing to sell.

      - elmar/jutte (chagin1)