Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Historical Battle scenarios for Pennsic

  • jim e grunst
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 20, 2002
      I have been pushing for this very idea for 10 years now.
      It's not happened yet probably for the precise reason you've stated-
      everyone has different alliegiences, and obligations as far as what
      battles and with whom they wish to fight along side.

      I'd like to see this happen once.

      Tochiro Takeda

      > Another idea would be for all of the known world japanese
      > persona to train together for a day or two and then form a non-
      > paid but willing as hell contingent to fight as a solidified unit in
      >
      > one or more of the major battles...

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Elaine Koogler
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 22, 2002
        I am not a fighter, but I must say that the idea of a Mongol vs. Japanese battle sounds like the most fun. We were (and still are) tossing around the idea of an event buit on this theme, and were getting VERY positive reactions from a lot of our Mongol friends (the Silver Horde and the few members of the Dark Horde I spoke with). And, best of all, it could be historical!

        Kiri
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 24, 2002
          I always thought that loyalties in the Sengoku era depended on how much koku
          was paid to the daimyo, or whose ethics were stronger. Nobody like
          realizing he is on a losing side,,

          >From: "Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie" <kabuto@...>
          >To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Historical Battle scenarios for Pennsic
          >Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:39:01 -0000
          >
          >--- In sca-jml@y..., "Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie" <
          >kabuto@c...> wrote:
          > > Perhaps even a simple "Japanese weapons and style only
          > > format" combat...
          >
          >Another idea would be for all of the known world japanese
          >persona to train together for a day or two and then form a non-
          >paid but willing as hell contingent to fight as a solidified unit in
          >one or more of the major battles...is that beyond the wrealm of
          >possibillity, or should we wait a few years? If we could work out
          >ways to avoid loyalty and fealty issues, it might be a grand
          >experiment...(of course, sengoku jidai loyalties were an
          >interesting enough, if not nebulous affair anyway <grin>)
          >
          >Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
          >
          >Shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave
          >http://www.kabutographics.com

          Onishi Hirotaka no Tatsukami no Sohei
          Kenjo to Onishi Katsushima, Drunken monk,

          "He Who Cares"
          Samurai

          Also known as the Gentle Firbolg Dughan

          "im not the man they think i am at all"--Elton John

          "where are yu, going,,,im gonna go pick a fight,,,,,Well at least i didn't
          get all dressed up for nuthin!!"---braveheart

        • Ii Saburou
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 24, 2002
            On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Brian Dean wrote:

            > I always thought that loyalties in the Sengoku era depended on how much koku
            > was paid to the daimyo, or whose ethics were stronger. Nobody like
            > realizing he is on a losing side,,

            Well, depends on the samurai.

            Besides, would you trust a samurai who turned on his master for money? A
            traitor once, a traitor always.

            Of course, then there are the families that made sure to have a branch on
            either side of the conflict--makes sure the house comes out on top in the
            end. Not quite the same thing, though.