Colour quandry

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2002
      Would violet be an inappropriate colour to wear in informal garments? I
      recall that purple was imperial, but I'm not sure if it was a no-no to
      wear, or if it was just something associated with the Emperor for official
      ceremonies.

      Or am I completely off on my colours (again)?

      -Ii
    • daviem01
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2002
        > Would violet be an inappropriate colour to wear in informal
        garments? I
        > recall that purple was imperial, but I'm not sure if it was a no-no
        > wear, or if it was just something associated with the Emperor for
        official
        > ceremonies.
        >
        > Or am I completely off on my colours (again)?
        >
        > -Ii

        I was under the impression that court ladies wore lavender in their
        color combinations all the time, and that it was the deep purple-blue
        that was proscribed/restricted...

        Aine