Re: [SCA-JML] Ketteki-no-ho questions

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2002
      On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

      > > First, there is no length for 8th rank until Late 13th Century, where
      > > there is a mark of 3.5 feet for Dep't. Chiefs and Controllers. This,
      > > first of all, makes me wonder if I should even try for the Ketteki-no-ho
      > > at the moment, or if there is a better piece of 'court garb' to use. Or
      > > are there different rules for the Ketteki-no-ho?
      > >

      > I'll have to look into that and get back to you. Given that ketteki are
      > usually tucked up to some extent inside the belt (at the back), I gather
      > there's a set length for them, regardless of the rank of the wearer.

      Except that, as a formal garment, why have different colors be different
      lengths because a set rank's color would only have one length that would
      be appropriate. But it would be much easier that way.

      > Sounds good to me. If you can get any photos of the guards from EK Court,
      > you'll see what are essentially ketteki; they didn't get the guards unit
      > crests printed on their grey kachie, so they technically are half-and-half
      > ketteki and kachie.

      I assume that's last year's EK court? Anyone out there have photos?

      > > Any suggestions, comments, etc., will be helpful. I'll try to put the
      > > patterns up online when I figure them out( along with the Pennsic class
      > > stuff... I keep neglecting to do that. Honest, I'll try to get that done
      > > this weekend).
      >
      > I can relate to this problem. <G>

      And I still didn't get it up... there are a few things I need to do to
      them, first.

      -Ii
    • M. C. Grasse
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2002
        Ohayo gozaimasu,

        Last year was my first and only Pennsic [so far]. I spent a few minutes
        watching that court [IMPRESSIVE] and I know I have video of it, but Im not
        sure I have a way to digitize it or pull off individual pictures. If no one
        else has any I may see if the old Snappy program will work with the upgraded
        computer and then pick out the important bits with photoshop.

        Gwen Cat
        [still looking for a Japanese name to go with the Japanese persona]
        returning to quiet lurkdom

        On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

        <snip>

        I assume that's last year's EK court? Anyone out there have photos?

        <SNIP more>
      • Ii Saburou
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9, 2002
          On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, M. C. Grasse wrote:

          > Ohayo gozaimasu,
          >
          > Last year was my first and only Pennsic [so far]. I spent a few minutes
          > watching that court [IMPRESSIVE] and I know I have video of it, but Im not
          > sure I have a way to digitize it or pull off individual pictures. If no one
          > else has any I may see if the old Snappy program will work with the upgraded
          > computer and then pick out the important bits with photoshop.
          >
          > Gwen Cat
          > [still looking for a Japanese name to go with the Japanese persona]
          > returning to quiet lurkdom

          I would love to get a copy of that (and I'm sure others would as well).
          If you can't digitize, can we send you a tape to get a hard copy, so to
          speak? If so, contact me offlist.