Uchikake pattern

  • echo2501
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2002
      I was wondering if anyone knew of any patterns for making uchikake?
      I found some instructions, but I'm not totally clear on them. A
      friend of mine is planning a wedding and needed help with this.

      Thank you.
      -Luis Torrefranca
      (scion@...)
    • skyscraperpriestess
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2002
        --- In sca-jml@y..., "echo2501" <echo@i...> wrote:
        > I was wondering if anyone knew of any patterns for making uchikake?

        > I found some instructions, but I'm not totally clear on them. A
        > friend of mine is planning a wedding and needed help with this.
        >
        > Thank you.
        > -Luis Torrefranca
        > (scion@a...)

        There is a book out by John Marshall, called "Make your own Japanese
        clothes". This book has an exellent uchikake pattern that can be
        customised to fit anyone. Basically, you take the required
        measurements of the person you are making the garment for, and use
        those to draft the pattern. I think the book is around $25 US, but
        that is not unreasonable, considering the number of garments included,
        and compared to paper patterns. It also contains a great deal of info
        you will not find in a paper pattern. I think this would be well worth
        your while.
        Good luck:)