RE: [SCA-JML] Question on religious wear...

  • Mokurai
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2002
      Greetings Ii-dono,

      I _wish_ I knew! My hypothesis is that this is an earlier version of the
      koromo or ho based on a Chinese design. If you look at Chinese Buddhist
      priests, you'll often see this garment or something similar anyway. I am
      also convinced it is a high-rank garment as I have only ever seen it on
      depictions of abbots and the like. As for how the collar is attached or
      lays, your guess is as good as mine. Yet another thing to go research...

      - mokurai