Re: Calling for Teachers

  • shadow4549
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2002
      Ohayo,
      I agree with this. As I am in Artemesia and a college student at the
      present time getting to events such as this is a hopeful dream. I
      wish it was easier to find notes from classes on Japanese things
      were easier to find. Nothing beats being there in person but being
      able to get the notes when you are unable to attend would be a very
      useful thing.
      Kuro

      --- In sca-jml@y..., ipsley1@a... wrote:
      > > Nishio Jiro to Mokurai, greetings,
      > I too am back from Pennsic, where I greatly enjoyed the costume
      class given
      > Wednesday night. Unfortunately, Pennsic more or less exhausted my
      vacation
      > time. However, this points up a frequent problem--too often we
      prepare
      > classes, good ones, investing a substantial amount of time and
      effort, and if
      > twenty people see them, we're considered a success. I wonder if
      the teachers
      > for your event might consider putting the class notes where they
      can be seen
      > by people who could hitherto only shout encouragement from across
      the
      > continent. Your site comes to mind, or perhaps the Kingdom A & S
      page.

    • Mokurai
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 22, 2002
        Greetings,

        I agree with you both, but I think that this is a decision that has to be
        left to the individual instructor. I have met several over the years and
        most are interested in sharing their information in this manner since it
        helps their cause. On the other hand, some worry about control over material
        that they have copyrighted. For my own part, I would have no problem posting
        class handouts or similar info on my, or the event's website after the
        event--or a link to the instructor's site (which seems more likely). I'll
        ask each instructor if they are willing to participate in this.

        Of course, right now I only have TWO volunteers to teach, so it may be slim
        pickings...

        - mokurai