armour making

  • sca_singles
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2002
      Konnichi-wa

      It has been some time since I posted to the group.. but as of late I
      have had a real gusto to get my armour finished so that I can train
      over the winter and be ready for war next spring :)

      I currently am working on a "Murasaki susogo odsohi o-yoroi", I think
      it is called :)

      I got the pdf file from Mr. Bryant's web site (in my humble opinion
      the best site out there!) and I am about to start working on the
      kozane. The problem is this.. According the the web site it suggests
      that I use either ABS or Kydex plastic that is 1/4" thick.. Here in
      Edmonton ABS is very expensive and no one seems to carry Kydex..
      Being that said, most of the fighters in this area are also
      suggesting that I go with puck board (the stuff you see on the bottem
      of the boards at hockey rinks). Any ways, I have gotten my hands on
      some scrap peices and am planning on doing some tests, but the board
      is only an 1/8" thick.. I am wondering if any one else out there is
      using puck board and what their experiences are like..

      At present I am only just starting to recreate my armour, but as I
      progress I will have pictures and such, would those that are into
      armour like them posted?

      I look forward in hearing from you all

      Yoshi
    • Susan and Frank Downs
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 20, 2002
        I, for one, am always interested in seeing and reading about innovative
        recreations of Japanese armor.

        --
        Takenoshita Naro
        Frank Downs