problem: Faking my Email

  • Steve Sells
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2002
      Hello to make this Quick,

      A friend of mine forwarded me an Email he thought I sent him this morning, stating a free protection against the Klen32 virus. this program is KlenE something...

      I never sent this Email, do not trust it if you get one with my altered Email address.

      My Email program sends out my mails as Steve Sells, Kyoto@..., or Steve Sells, Steve@... or Steve Sells, Kyotogorp@... these are my only Email accounts. Please Notice that I never use Kyoto as a real name in posting Emails, only in signing them with in the letter. The posted Hoax was from "Kyoto, Kyoto@..." not in the correct form of "Steve Sells, Kyoto@..." so we know that this was not sent from my machine, also because I was not online at the time it was sent.

      I have reported this attempt at hacking of my Address to my ISP, and if any one does receive this, or any other similar posting, Please forward it , WITH FULL HEADERS , which will show the Internet routing paths, to me. Feel free CC it to abuse@... so we can stop this person, before they cause real troubles.

      thank You

      Steve AKA Kyoto