No, I'm not dead. I just feel like it.

  • sengokudaimyo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2002
      Greetings, everyone.

      I apologize for this long silence -- I've been no-mail for a while now.

      For those who wonder about the long silence, it's because I'm trapped
      this summer in Beloit doing a year of Chinese in two months. Foolishly,
      I've tacked on a Classical Chinese tutorial on top of it. Class for
      about six hours a day followed by four hours plus of homework.
      Basically each day we cover a week's worth of classroom Chinese. Oy...
      Oh, and I'm also working on my thesis in the spare moments as I'm
      allowed them.

      At any rate, for some reason I'm having trouble accessing my regular e-
      mail, and although I can still mail *from* the IU account ( I *think*),
      I can't log in to get it.

      If anyone needs to get a hold of me for any reason, you can e-mail me
      here at Beloit at this address: bryanta@... .

      For those who may have sent me e-mail and not gotten a reply, now you
      know why. Feel free to drop me a line at the above addy. Lord knows I
      need a periodic break from Chinese...

      I'm hoping to make a few events on the weekends that I don't have
      horrendous homework (we usually have to write a composition every
      weekend, and that takes lots of time and brain power that I don't have
      anymore).

      Unfortunately, the program is over on the Friday of Week One at
      Pennsic; which means that I didn't preregister or sign up to teach
      anything, not planning to go. Now, however, I've been asked by several
      people to go anyway. Okay, I'm going to try. But I'll be one dead tired
      and bedraggled fellow when I *do* show up, as it's a six hour drive
      home, then a rapid unpacking of the car, then a rapid gathering of
      Pennsic gear and packing of the car and another seven hours to the War.
      Sigh.

      Pray for me. I may be losing my mind.

      Effingham the Harried
    • sengokudaimyo
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2002
        --- In sca-jml@y..., "sengokudaimyo" <ajbryant@i...> wrote:

        > If anyone needs to get a hold of me for any reason, you can e-mail me
        > here at Beloit at this address: bryanta@s... .

        Sigh...

        Okay, here's the address... bryanta"at"stu.beloit.edu

        Replace the "at" with the proper dingbat and it'll work.

        Effingham
      • Elaine Koogler
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2002
          Yes, but we'll be all the richer for your being there! Can't wait to see you.

          Kiri

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9, 2002
            --- In sca-jml@y..., Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@c...> wrote:
            > Yes, but we'll be all the richer for your being there! Can't wait to see you.

            Bless your little heart!!

            I'll be looking forward to it!!

            EffingChineseLanguage!.
          • toshio
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 18, 2002
              Edward-sensei,
              Please contact your harried apprentice Toshio
              at ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~. It was a interesting war
              and I have Sooooo many armoring questions! Hope
              all is well.

              --- In sca-jml@y..., "sengokudaimyo" <ajbryant@i...> wrote:
              > --- In sca-jml@y..., Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@c...> wrote:
              > > Yes, but we'll be all the richer for your being there! Can't
              wait to see you.

              > Bless your little heart!!
              >
              > I'll be looking forward to it!!
              >

              > EffingChineseLanguage!.
            • jim e grunst
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 18, 2002
                If no one has stated it here, congratulations are in order for the newest
                member of the order of Knighthood, Cardono-san.
                He was knighted at Aethelmearc court this last week at Pennsic.

                I have heard that Denis the Decadent has it on tape.

                Takeda Tochiro

                GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
              • toshio
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 18, 2002
                  Sir Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono was inducted into the Chivalry
                  with marvelous Heian period pomp and circumstance, complete with
                  taiko and flute music. Any recording would not match the feeling
                  of being there. Following his first battle as a knight, the sky
                  put on one kick ass lightning show to show Kaminari-sama's approval!

                  Toshio