Re: [SCA-JML] Re: help a newbee?

  • Kevin Newman
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
      Thank you very much. Yes it wil be very helpful. I will try to contact him today.
      Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage
      dateyukiie <kabuto@...> wrote: --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

      > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
      greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
      have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
      expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
      > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

      Konnichi wa tomodachi,
      Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
      Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
      94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
      Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
      (519) 595-8791
      kkoppedr@...

      You can also check http://www.krackow.com

      I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
      Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
      Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
        I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
        should be in the message archive from sometime around
        last September or October. I posted it for somebody
        about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

        Sakurakawa

        > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
        > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
        > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
        > for the battle field.
        > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
        > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
        >
        > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
        >
        > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
        > > as posibble.
        >
        > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
        > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
        > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
        > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
        > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
        > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
        >
        > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
        > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
        >
        > > domo
        > > yoshi
        >

        > Koredono

      • Kevin Newman
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
          Thanks I got it earlier and am in contact with him about a bow now. Thank you.
          Kuro
          elsyr@... wrote: I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
          should be in the message archive from sometime around
          last September or October. I posted it for somebody
          about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

          Sakurakawa

          > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
          > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
          > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
          > for the battle field.
          > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
          > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
          >
          > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
          >
          > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
          > > as posibble.
          >
          > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
          > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
          > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
          > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
          > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
          > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
          >
          > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
          > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
          >
          > > domo
          > > yoshi
          >

          > Koredono

        • Sean
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
            I guess I'm the closest contact to Yumi as I live up here in the frozen
            North. Yumi has managed to settle himself away from the hustle and bustle of
            modern life quite well. He does have a phone but no internet access. If you
            send me your information I'd be happy to forward it along to Yumi (He just
            got back from a trip to Fort Dodge) and he might be able to contact you.

            If you can wait he will be at Pennsic, and I know he has been making more
            bows.

            Kintarou

            (the arrow making factory has taken over my kitchen!!!)

            > I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
            > should be in the message archive from sometime around
            > last September or October. I posted it for somebody
            > about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.
            >
            > Sakurakawa
            > >
            > > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
            > > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so
            far is
            > > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I
            believe
            > > for the battle field.
            > > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
            > > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
            > >
            > > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
            > > > as posibble.
            > >
            > > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
            > > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
            > > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
            > > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
            > > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
            > > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
            > >
            > > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
            > > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
            > >
            > > > domo
            > > > yoshi
            > >

            > > Koredono

            -----
            > > Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no
            Koredono
            > > djl@...
            Yama-kaminari-ryu
            > > Pittsburgh, PA Debatable Lands,
            AEthelmearc

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Marc Choronzey
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
              Where DOES yumi live? I trade with Bear Hawk and they know yumi...But he is
              either very secretive or just unpublished because I cant find anything of
              his here....

              -Shisen.

              -----

              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                He lives in a small rural town in Ontario, in a Mennonite (sp?) community.
                The 1st time I went to see him I couldn't believe the horse drawn carriages
                on the roads.

                Kintarou

                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                  Domo.