Re: [SCA-JML] Re: help a newbee?

  • Kevin Newman
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
      Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
      Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
      Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:

      On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

      > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
      > as posibble.

      For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
      Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
      hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
      shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
      combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
      we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

      Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
      at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

      > domo
      > yoshi

      Koredono

    • dateyukiie
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
        --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

        > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
        greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
        have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
        expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
        > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

        Konnichi wa tomodachi,
        Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
        Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
        94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
        Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
        (519) 595-8791
        kkoppedr@...

        You can also check http://www.krackow.com

        I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
        Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
        Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave
      • Kevin Newman
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
          Thank you very much. Yes it wil be very helpful. I will try to contact him today.
          Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage
          dateyukiie <kabuto@...> wrote: --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

          > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
          greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
          have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
          expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
          > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

          Konnichi wa tomodachi,
          Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
          Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
          94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
          Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
          (519) 595-8791
          kkoppedr@...

          You can also check http://www.krackow.com

          I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
          Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
          Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
            I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
            should be in the message archive from sometime around
            last September or October. I posted it for somebody
            about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

            Sakurakawa

            > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
            > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
            > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
            > for the battle field.
            > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
            > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
            >
            > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
            >
            > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
            > > as posibble.
            >
            > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
            > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
            > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
            > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
            > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
            > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
            >
            > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
            > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
            >
            > > domo
            > > yoshi
            >

            > Koredono

          • Kevin Newman
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
              Thanks I got it earlier and am in contact with him about a bow now. Thank you.
              Kuro
              elsyr@... wrote: I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
              should be in the message archive from sometime around
              last September or October. I posted it for somebody
              about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

              Sakurakawa

              > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
              > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
              > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
              > for the battle field.
              > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
              > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
              >
              > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
              >
              > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
              > > as posibble.
              >
              > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
              > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
              > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
              > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
              > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
              > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
              >
              > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
              > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
              >
              > > domo
              > > yoshi
              >

              > Koredono

            • Sean
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                I guess I'm the closest contact to Yumi as I live up here in the frozen
                North. Yumi has managed to settle himself away from the hustle and bustle of
                modern life quite well. He does have a phone but no internet access. If you
                send me your information I'd be happy to forward it along to Yumi (He just
                got back from a trip to Fort Dodge) and he might be able to contact you.

                If you can wait he will be at Pennsic, and I know he has been making more
                bows.

                Kintarou

                (the arrow making factory has taken over my kitchen!!!)

                > I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                > should be in the message archive from sometime around
                > last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                > about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.
                >
                > Sakurakawa
                > >
                > > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                > > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so
                far is
                > > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I
                believe
                > > for the battle field.
                > > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                > > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                > >
                > > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                > > > as posibble.
                > >
                > > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                > > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                > > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                > > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                > > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                > > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                > >
                > > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                > > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                > >
                > > > domo
                > > > yoshi
                > >

                > > Koredono

                -----
                > > Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no
                Koredono
                > > djl@...
                Yama-kaminari-ryu
                > > Pittsburgh, PA Debatable Lands,
                AEthelmearc

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Marc Choronzey
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                  Where DOES yumi live? I trade with Bear Hawk and they know yumi...But he is
                  either very secretive or just unpublished because I cant find anything of
                  his here....

                  -Shisen.

                  -----

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                    He lives in a small rural town in Ontario, in a Mennonite (sp?) community.
                    The 1st time I went to see him I couldn't believe the horse drawn carriages
                    on the roads.

                    Kintarou

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                      Domo.