Re: [SCA-JML] Re: help a newbee?

  • Don Luby
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
      On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

      > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
      > as posibble.

      For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
      Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
      hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
      shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
      combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
      we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

      Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
      at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

      > domo
      > yoshi

      Koredono

      Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono
      djl@... Yama-kaminari-ryu
    • Kevin Newman
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 5, 2002
        Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
        Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
        Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:

        On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

        > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
        > as posibble.

        For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
        Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
        hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
        shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
        combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
        we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

        Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
        at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

        > domo
        > yoshi

        Koredono

      • dateyukiie
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
          --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

          > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
          greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
          have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
          expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
          > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

          Konnichi wa tomodachi,
          Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
          Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
          94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
          Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
          (519) 595-8791
          kkoppedr@...

          You can also check http://www.krackow.com

          I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
          Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
          Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave
        • Kevin Newman
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 6, 2002
            Thank you very much. Yes it wil be very helpful. I will try to contact him today.
            Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage
            dateyukiie <kabuto@...> wrote: --- In sca-jml@y..., Kevin Newman <shadow4549@y...> wrote:

            > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would
            greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I
            have found so far is traditional kyudo equipement that is quite
            expensive and not suited I believe for the battle field.
            > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.

            Konnichi wa tomodachi,
            Perhaps this info would be usefull it is Yumi's contact info.
            Jaap & Kay Koppedrayer
            94 Mill Street East, P.O. Box 554
            Milverton, Ontario N0K 1M0
            (519) 595-8791
            kkoppedr@...

            You can also check http://www.krackow.com

            I will also have available silk yugote with kusari at my site.
            Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
            Shi wa hei to de aru - everyone is equal in the grave

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
              I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
              should be in the message archive from sometime around
              last September or October. I posted it for somebody
              about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

              Sakurakawa

              > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
              > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
              > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
              > for the battle field.
              > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
              > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
              >
              > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
              >
              > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
              > > as posibble.
              >
              > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
              > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
              > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
              > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
              > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
              > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
              >
              > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
              > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
              >
              > > domo
              > > yoshi
              >

              > Koredono

            • Kevin Newman
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 8, 2002
                Thanks I got it earlier and am in contact with him about a bow now. Thank you.
                Kuro
                elsyr@... wrote: I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                should be in the message archive from sometime around
                last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.

                Sakurakawa

                > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so far is
                > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I believe
                > for the battle field.
                > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                >
                > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                >
                > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                > > as posibble.
                >
                > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                >
                > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                >
                > > domo
                > > yoshi
                >

                > Koredono

              • Sean
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                  I guess I'm the closest contact to Yumi as I live up here in the frozen
                  North. Yumi has managed to settle himself away from the hustle and bustle of
                  modern life quite well. He does have a phone but no internet access. If you
                  send me your information I'd be happy to forward it along to Yumi (He just
                  got back from a trip to Fort Dodge) and he might be able to contact you.

                  If you can wait he will be at Pennsic, and I know he has been making more
                  bows.

                  Kintarou

                  (the arrow making factory has taken over my kitchen!!!)

                  > I don't have Yumi's info with me at the moment, but it
                  > should be in the message archive from sometime around
                  > last September or October. I posted it for somebody
                  > about a month after last Pennsic, as I recall.
                  >
                  > Sakurakawa
                  > >
                  > > Could someone get his contact info and send it to me? I would greatly
                  > > appreciate it. I have been looking for something but all I have found so
                  far is
                  > > traditional kyudo equipement that is quite expensive and not suited I
                  believe
                  > > for the battle field.
                  > > Minamoto Genkuro Tanekage.
                  > > Don Luby <djl@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
                  > > > as posibble.
                  > >
                  > > For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
                  > > Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
                  > > hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
                  > > shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
                  > > combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
                  > > we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.
                  > >
                  > > Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
                  > > at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.
                  > >
                  > > > domo
                  > > > yoshi
                  > >

                  > > Koredono

                  -----
                  > > Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no
                  Koredono
                  > > djl@...
                  Yama-kaminari-ryu
                  > > Pittsburgh, PA Debatable Lands,
                  AEthelmearc

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Marc Choronzey
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                    Where DOES yumi live? I trade with Bear Hawk and they know yumi...But he is
                    either very secretive or just unpublished because I cant find anything of
                    his here....

                    -Shisen.

                    -----

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                      He lives in a small rural town in Ontario, in a Mennonite (sp?) community.
                      The 1st time I went to see him I couldn't believe the horse drawn carriages
                      on the roads.

                      Kintarou

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 9, 2002
                        Domo.